‘Tis the season of gift giving! This December, Students for Life of America wants you to contact your local Pregnancy Resource Center (PRC) and bless them! PRC’s are an incredibly important part of the pro-life movement, reaching women daily with pregnancy support and resources.
If your groups is not already working with your local PRC it is time to start! If you need help finding your local pregnancy center go to: optionline.org/center-locator. The local Pregnancy Resource Center is your pro-life partner in the community. Once you’ve found the local PRC, find out about volunteering opportunities and events your group can participate in. Your group can support them by raising money or holding baby item drives for diapers, bottles, clothing, etc.
If you already have a great relationship with your local PRC, call them and find out how you can bless them this December!
- Volunteer Guide
- Baby Item Drive Guide
- A surprise gift from SFLA (because you’re awesome!)
How to use the box?
If the PRC asks you to volunteer:
Read through the “How to be a Good Volunteer” guide as a group and put it into practice! Find out what times the PRC needs help and sign up your group members to fill the slots. This can be answering phones, making photo-copies, cleaning up around the office, or yard work. Every bit counts!
If they ask for baby items:
Read through the Baby Item Drive guide as a group to find out how to host one at your school. Post the flyers advertising for the drive around your school to invite your whole school to participate. Ask your principal if you can turn it into a competition between grades and decide on a prize with your school administration for the winner, like an out of uniform day or a pizza and ice cream party.
If you want to have fun!
Use your last meeting before Christmas break to throw a Christmas party! Hand out the surprise gift from SFLA to your group members and celebrate all that your group has accomplished this past semester! Make sure each group member feels appreciated and talk about the plans your group has for the next semester to get everyone excited and motivated!
Watch this inspiration video about how students can help save lives! Click here.
You can order the event in a box by contacting your Regional Coordinator today!
• If you are a student in CA, AZ, or NV, please contact Emily Wilkinson.
• If you are a student in OR, WA, ID, MT, HI, or AK, please contact Lisa Atkins.
• If you are a student in CO, NM, WY, UT, or IA, please contact Lo Castillo.
• If you are a student in MI, IN, or OH, please contact R.J. McVeigh.
• If you are a student in VA, MD, DC, PA, or DE, please contact Michele Hendrickson.
• If you are a student in KY, TN, or WV, please contact Alejandro Capote.
• If you are a student in VT, CT, NH, MA, RI or ME, please contact Jane Riccardi.
• If you are a student in NE, KS, IL, MO, ND, or SD, please contact Reagan Nielsen.
• If you are a student in OK or TX, please contact Katie Martin.
• If you are a student in NY or NJ, please contact Keri Landeche.
• If you are a student in a state not listed, contact Kassie Preut.
• If you are a college student, click here.
**SFLA Resources are only available to active high school or college student groups. If you are a youth minister or community member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for other options.